Rye pancakes with chicken and mushrooms
This is a recipe from a young cooking enthusiast Alice Fiskind. Alice shared with us how to make golden pancakes, as good served individually as with any stuffing, and how to make a delicious chicken and mushroom stuffing. These pancakes might break a week of Maslenitsa or serve as a great breakfast.
Ingredients for the pancakes:
100 gr rye flour
125 gr wheat wholegrain flour
½ tsp saleratus
350 gr kefir
100 gr boiling-hot water
For the stuffing:
300 gr chicken fillet
250 gr white mushroom
60 gr yogurt or sour cream
Preparation of pancakes:
1. Break two eggs into a bowl, whip with a wire whisk.
2. Add salt and kefir to the eggs.
3. Sieve the flour into the liquid mix.
4. Stir to uniformity.
5. Dissolve saleratus in the boiling-hot water and trickle the mix into the batter.
6. Let the batter sit for 15 minutes if possible, after that it is ready for frying.
7. Fry the pancakes from one side only and put away.
1. Dice chicken and mushrooms.
2. Give a 10 minutes sear in a frying pan.
3. Add salt and spices to taste.
4. Cool it down a little to avoid getting burnt while stuffing.
5. Grate the cheese and add to the stuffing mix together with sour cream.
Place the pancakes fried side up. Carefully put the stuffing on the edge and make a roll or a square wrap. Repeat with all of the pancakes. Put the pancakes into a baking pan and bake for 7-10 minutes at 180 degrees C.