These vegetable eggplant and ricotta cheese mini rolls will serve as excellent appetisers for a festive occasion or as a separate dinner meal. The thing is, they work both hot and cold. Food blogger Dasha Shunulina gives us a step-by-step instruction for cooking this dish. This is a great recipe for vegetarians.
Daria Shunulina, food blogger
4-6 medium size eggplants
2 sweet peppers
1 small onion
1 pack of grated tomatoes
salt, pepper to taste
1 tsp. Italian herbs
250 g ricotta cheese
200 g spinach
1. Wash the eggplants, cut in thin slices lengthwise, put a thin layer of vegetable oil over and bake in an oven at 180 degrees for 10-15 minutes until soft.
2. Chop the onion, sauté in a dry heat pan until it turns golden brown, add chopped pepper, sauté for a little longer, add tomatoes, salt, pepper, spices and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes.
3. Cut the spinach, let it simmer for a while in a pan, add ricotta cheese, stir together.
4. Put about 1 teaspoon of ricotta and spinach stuffing on a slice of eggplant and roll it in.
5. Transfer the tomato and peppers sauce over into a baking dish and arrange the rolls on top. Bake in an oven at 180 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
You can serve it either hot or cold! It will make you long for more.